Monday, May 16, 2005

The first day

In roughly one hour, Maarten Shrevel will pick me up here at the villa and deliver me not only to Hogeschool Zuyd, but probably directly to my temporary office.

The school is about a 30-minute drive, on weekedays, from Maastricht, where the villa is located. Even though Maarten has generously offered to drive me to work every day, I think I will try my hand at the train system. This really means I want to try my hand at getting up early enough to walk 25 minutes to the station, figure out how to pay with the automatic ticket machines, figure out how to purchase the correct ticket, and then try to board the proper train!

The subjects I'll be teaching, Search Engine Optimization/Driving Traffic to Web Sites, and Social Publishing and building blogs, I've covered many times at my home institution, Northwest Missouri State University. However, as is my nature, I've become nervous. I am overcompensating, as is my nature, by spending hours and hours preparing.

Today, I only teach one 45-minute lecture. A light load by most standards. But tomorrow is quite a different story!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home